27 March 2020
It is with great regret that as of this evening, Orchard will be temporarily closing its doors. The office was shutdown last week with those staff working from home during this week. Whilst we have done everything within our powers to keep our sites up and functioning this week, the current climate has meant that sub-contractors and suppliers (very understandably) have been unable to deliver as required and we are now at the point where it is no longer viable to keep sites open. More importantly, we have felt that as the week has progressed, our staff, their families and others coming on to our sites are now being put at risk and this is something we can not support.
First and foremost, I must extend a huge thanks to all our employees, who over these last few weeks have showed complete loyalty and professionalism at all times. Secondly, I would like to assure you, the moment we are safely able to – we will be back, doing what we do best. During this time should you need to contact us our office landline has been diverted and will be answered (020 7061 9866) and the firstname.lastname@example.org will be checked and passed on as required. We hope you and your families remain safe and healthy and we look forward to reconnecting once we’re all through this.
18 March 2020
Orchard is closely and continuously monitoring the rapidly changing situation surrounding COVID-19. Whilst there is a great deal of uncertainty surrounding its potential impact, we already have robust plans in place for any potential interruptions to our business activities. We are regularly reviewing and adapting our plans to ensure they meet all current government guidelines and at present this includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring that key staff and the leadership team have access to home working facilities in the event of office space becoming unavailable.
- Ensuring that all key company data is backed up daily to cloud storage in order to facilitate remote working.
- Providing all staff with alternative contact numbers. Where applicable mobile numbers are supplied on all email signatures.
- Diversion of office calls to an alternative number to ensure that all calls are fielded as quickly as possible.
- Maintaining adequate insurance cover.
Specific COVID-19 Planning
- Daily monitoring and review of legislative updates and guidance by the leadership team.
- Ensuring all staff are fully educated and informed on how to keep themselves safe.
- Providing all staff with weekly and where appropriate, daily, health and safety announcements.
- Ensuring that all staff, subcontractors and visitors have access to adequate welfare facilities to encourage good hygiene and a clean working environment.
- Providing site-based staff with a full compliment of cleaning products to ensure that all “touch” surfaces are regularly cleaned in order to minimize the spread of any contaminants.
- Maintaining regular contact with key suppliers to ensure there are no forth coming supply issues.
- Identifying increased lead times and factoring these into construction phase plans.
- Identifying critical points of failure and advanced ordering of materials where increased lead times have been identified
- Splitting of key project teams to ensure that there is adequate cover and knowledge of each project to ensure continuity in the event a team member needs to self-isolate.
The current situation is extremely fluid, but Orchard wishes to re-assure all stakeholders that we are constantly reviewing plans to ensure business continuity. With the latest government announcements, we stress that there is adequate resilience within the business to combat the current threat.